Buying a house? Don’t buy termites !!!
The damage caused by termites and other pests often is not visible to the naked eye but can be extensive inside wall and building structures as well as outdoor entertaining areas, retaining walls, trees and fences.
The presence of termites and other pests can result in the necessity for major repairs to eradicate and fix the damaged areas and you could be up for tens of thousands of dollars to rectify and reinstate the property to it’s pre-infestation state.
PLEASE ensure you solicit a suitably qualified, professional, experienced pest inspector. Many Building Inspectors also provide a Pest Inspection service. You can combine a building and pest inspection with the same company, thereby saving time and money.
A good Pest Inspector will report on termite and borer activity, fungal decay and conditions conducive to termite infestation and will cover the following:
- House interior – walls, floorboards, skirting boards, doors
- House exterior – framework, walls, door frames, window frames, decks, pergolas
- Sub-Floor Space – timber floors, joists, bearers, foundations, stumps
- Roof space – roof framing, top wall plates
- Roof exterior – fascias, barges
- Other – garage, carport, retaining walls, sheds, fencing, trees & stump
Please contact our team at Tru2Blu Real Estate and we will happily supply you with details of suitably qualified, experienced and personable Building Inspectors for you to choose from to assist you.